Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Høvik, Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The MCS Concept Lead Design Engineer will be an integral part of the Manifold Systems team which is technical responsible for defining, developing and delivering concepts and solutions for subsea modules to FEED studies, NPI programs, tenders and projects.
Essential Responsibilities:• Develop concepts and detailed models and drawings of Subsea Structures
• Create parts, assemblies and drawings with Creo CAD software
• Act as Lead Concept Designer for MCS (Manifold and Connection systems) Modules, i.e. lead a team of Design Engineers for a certain product or work package within a project, FEED study, tender or NPI program
• Work with other Lead Engineers to develop design concepts
• Supervise other Design Engineers in order to meet project milestones and needs
• Report concept, model and drawing progress and identify design resources needed to comply with schedule dates
• Review specifications and standards and provide input to functional design specifications
• Ensure the design is fully compliant with governing functional requirements and specifications
• Host multidiscipline design reviews
• Continuously search for new innovative technical solutions to improve products, systems and processes
• Consider safety, quality, cost, manufacturability and subsea operability in designsQualifications/Requirements:• Experience within the subsea industry
• BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Institute with experience in mechanics from subsea/oil & gas industry
• Proven experience in leading a team of design engineers
• Broad experience in design of subsea manifold systems
• Ability to rapidly and effectively develop and present concepts for comparative evaluation and selection, based on domain expertise and subsea product and system experience
• In-depth knowledge of materials, welding and manufacturing processes and capabilities and assembly processes
• In-depth knowledge of Creo or other 3D CAD systems
• Familiar with relevant standards (NORSOK, ISO, ASME, API, etc.) and design requirements for subsea products
• English fluent verbal and written
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experienced in standard office tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Desired Characteristics:• Good knowledge of the EFX and piping modules within Creo
• Computer proficiency and strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Highly proactive and results oriented
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Familiar with Teamcenter/IPEM
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more