Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer
Other Skills: Integrity Engineer, Pressure Systems
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to join our Integrity team where you will have responsibility for managing the integrity of pressure systems fixed equipment, including ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, PSV management, defect assessment and fit for purpose assessments (for onshore and offshore pressure systems).
This is a critical role where you will ensure Perenco UK's pressure containing assets remain fit for purpose and fully support the pressure systems team to ensure the ongoing integrity for PUK topsides pressure equipment for the onshore terminals and offshore assets.
You must be able to plan and organise your work, be a good communicator, self-motivated and be an active team player.
Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore on occasions. You will report directly to our Pressure Systems Team Leader.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist the Senior Integrity Engineers in leading the development, review and update of fixed equipment integrity management systems.
• Review inspection reports and propose updated written schemes of examination (WSE) to appropriately address and manage integrity status by population of PUK's WSE electronic database (TiM).
• Identify repairs where necessary and propose, raise and review repair orders and fabric maintenance recommendations by population of MAXIMO. Assist Senior Integrity Engineer to energise and initiate timely execution of repair orders and fabric maintenance activities necessary to maintain legal compliance and safe future service. Ensure that repair order assessments remain current and that overdue repair orders are appropriately reassessed for safe continued use.
• Communicate integrity concerns appropriately to the team leader and when required, to the wider business and provide strategic updates on emerging issues and integrity projects.
• Regulatory - support the team leader with HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities. Assist the team leader to fulfil the role of Competent Person under PSSR and COMAH Scheme for onshore terminal and the expectation with IPPPS for offshore assets.
• Manage and review external studies by specialist contractors.
• Support the Senior Integrity Engineer by contributing towards the preparation of an annual pressure systems integrity summary and overall fitness for service statement.
• Support the Team Leader and Senior Integrity Engineer in the timely review and management of P-Trac items against designated asset.
• Support offshore and onshore operations in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
• Responsible for the review of PSV recertification tests and propose appropriate future integrity management plans for PUK PSVs. Act as focal point and provide support to 3rd parties carrying out PSV related integrity activities.
• Contribute to internal failure investigations and act on conclusions from such investigations to prevent reoccurrence.
• Conduct asset visits and surveys to plan, manage and witness ongoing integrity related tasks and to maintain familiarity with the asset and its integrity condition
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Experience / Qualifications
• Recognised Mechanical or Metallurgy degree and chartered status (or working towards).
• Ideally at least 5 to 10 years of experience in the Process / Petrochemicals Industry, with 5 years' experience within onshore/offshore oil & gas.
• Relevant experience should include pressure vessel design, risk based inspection planning, fitness for service assessment, plant inspection, corrosion management and repair planning.
• With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision