Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
An internationally leading manufacturing company are looking for product cost engineers to join a newly created costing centre of excellence. Based in Bristol, the role provides management of project cost estimating, sensitivity analysis and cost trending of various products within BHGE Oil & Gas UK Ltd's Subsea Production Systems portfolio.Essential Responsibilities:
- Prepares detailed cost estimates for a range of products within the SPS portfolio.
- Works closely the product management/project teams in driving value engineering efforts across the business.
- Drive and support product cost reduction for one or more product lines in partnership with the product management and engineering team.
- Support tender costing teams to validate product cost information for deals in the orders pipeline.
- Works closely with project execution teams to identify latest costing information and captures within the cost and estimating framework.
- Develop and maintain typical cost estimates to support the building block approach in the standard design database.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
- Able to accurately cost and estimate new equipment designs and provide clear explanation
- Degree in Engineering or MBA
- Specialisation in Project Management/cost estimation/Quantity Survey
- Proven years relevant and similar experience in project cost estimating or cost controlling preferably in terminal or process industry
- Analytically strong in cost estimating, risk assessment and reporting
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Cleopatra cost estimating system
- Proven ability to deliver results
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more