ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Acting as the focal point, the I.S. Coordinator will liaise between the Southern North Sea Customer on Shallow Water Tree and Wellhead Systems, Drilling and Completion & Workover & Decom operations, third party suppliers and BHGE. Post sales support of customer issues. This can include repairs (both returns and field), technical support or a field service or other service request.
- Perform the role of focal point on a daily "face to face" basis between the client and BHGE on all aspects of the onshore and offshore operations.
- Liaise with the Projects, Aftermarket and Engineering Departments to co-ordinate equipment/tooling storage, maintenance, refurbishment and re-certification and ensure such equipment is prepared and fully fit for purpose to meet the Customer's planning schedule.
- Liaise with the Offshore Services Department for the allocation of Service personnel for installation activities.
- Monitor the effectiveness of equipment/tooling maintenance and refurbishment programmes and associated procedures and recommend improvements where necessary.
- Actively promote BHGE and Customer Safety Policy and Procedures. Liaise with relevant Departments to ensure that all appropriate personnel are aware of Operator requirements for Toolbox Talks and Risk Assessments prior to undertaking work.
- Monitor the effectiveness of installation and workovers and associated procedures and recommend improvements where necessary.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with the relevant Departments on all aspects of onshore repair/refurbishment of customer owned equipment/tooling.
- Assist in controlling adequate spares stock levels both onshore and offshore.
- Co-ordinate with QA Department on equipment/tooling certification issues/requirements.
- Co-ordinate tracking of project specific equipment/tooling records including status, location and certification and make same information available to relevant parties.
- Ensuring all relevant tracking spreadsheets for equipment/tooling are accurate and updated on a regular basis.
- Submit a monthly report to the customer summarising key activities (Operational Highlights/Lowlights) in support of the Contract.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of technical and operational proposals and reports.
- Support the Integrated Service Manager in identifying new business opportunities and in developing and maintaining Contracts
- ISC to assist in the development and training of FSE through sharing knowledge/experienceand through classroom related training sessions both formal and informal (using generic trainingMaterials, slides and presentations etc.).
- Handling initial client enquiry, scope clarity and project planning.
- Support in ITO (Inquiry to Order) processes to produce accurate client quotations, variation orders for reimbursable work, and assist to manage budget & cost reviews.
- Support in executing progress of orders, track variations to check how variations will impact Price & Delivery.
- Produce activity forecasts and reports, prepare and update client specific reports and prepare departmental reports.
- Initiate engineering kick-off meetings to develop and maintain "project plan".
- Development of project related work packs, well files and installed based equipment register.
- Participate in pre-job briefings and post-job de-briefings with Field Service Manager and Field Service Engineers.
- Provision of technical support to Field Service Engineers .
- Participate in "lessons learned" project review meetings. Control of client owned equipment's, identification of project equipment requirements (tooling, spare parts).
- With the support of appropriate engineering disciplines, proactively manage equipment upgrades, field extensions and additional control system facilities planned by the customers.
- Performance of client support activities; reporting, technical support, attending progress and close out meetings,DWOPs, CWOPs and HAZOP meetings.
- Create rental tooling forecasts and requirements
- Create GRID worksorders for drilling and completion activities ensuring tooling lists and dates are accurate and maintained.
- Attend rig morning calls.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with experience in Services).
- Proven years of experience in Customer Order and Fulfillment.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Subsea Offshore experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Well Drilling and Completion equipment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability and respect to work with cultural differences
Aberdeen, Scotland, or Great Yarmouth, England
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more