The Shell Treasury Corporate Finance team focuses on the strategic aspects of Group Treasury. It has clear ownership and accountability for the Group corporate structure, corporate finance strategic and policy agenda, management of external banking relationships and interface with the external capital markets.Dimension
Projects typically have an influence on the RDS capital structure or business plan.
The role involves significant and ongoing exposure to senior stakeholders including those at Board level. The role has no direct reports but will either manage or participate in cross-function/cross-business projects with both Shell and external participants.Key activities
The key activities are varied and include (i) Evaluation of planning and forecast materials in the context of potential funding requirements, credit ratings and the financial framework, (ii) Execution in the debt and equity capital markets, (iii) Strategic corporate finance considerations such as valuation, capital structure, allocation of capital, WACC and leases and (iv) involvement in Shell group level projects such as M&A transactions.
The successful candidate can expect to be accountable for the following typical activities:
- Analytical support for decision making concerning the financial framework
- Recommendations for funding in the context of group planning and forecast materials
- Cost of capital considerations
- Participation in discussion of Shell's performance as a world class investment case
- Regular interactions with investment banks, corporate bankers, credit rating agencies, debt and equity capital markets
- Frequent and proficient use of Bloomberg to support internal decision making
Salary: Competitive Market Rate
Closing Date: 19th November 2019Company Description
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.Requirements
- Finance or accounting degree and professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, ACMA/CIMA/CGMA). ACT/MCT qualification an advantage;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strong expertise in the MS Excel application and financial modelling.
- A proactive self-starter, able to form networks in a complex organization and step up to manage stakeholders at senior level of the company whilst also able to get into details and conduct hands-on analytical work
- Strong business partnering and commercial curiosity to build and develop increasing business intimacy within the role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the Group, building trust and credibility.
- Ability to identify and deliver key messages from complex information.
- Comfortable working in a changing environment, and willing to bring positive-challenge and relentless support to project initiatives.
- Knowledge or demonstrable capability to rapidly acquire knowledge of forecasting best practice/analytical methods and techniques/continuous improvement methodologies.
- Previous experience in financial reporting, forecasting, analytics, a clear advantage although not essential
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.