Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Project Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jandakot, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Reporting to the Commercial Manager and operationally to the Regional Delivery Manager, the Study Manager has responsibility for the successful management & execution of Proposals, Studies and Front End Projects in support of maturing Early Engagement opportunities .
Essential Responsibilities:Project Management
• Managing studies / projects according to the project schedule and within budget
• Ensuring that the project is executed in accordance with the PMP, PEP and corporate procedures
• Liaising and reporting Study progress and performance to the Regional Delivery manager and the customer
• Managing study resources and assigning work to the team
• Regular communication of study requirements to all team members in the KO meeting, progress meetings etc
• Assigning ownership of CTRs to Lead Engineers so that they each know their own responsibilities and the responsibilities of the other Lead Engineers.
• Liaising with other BHGE departments for project support
• Providing study technical overview and assistance where required (where a System Engineer has not been allocated to the project)
• Monitoring and control of study man-hours, costs and project expenses
• Management of change and associated costs including the Work Change Register (WCR), Work Change Notices (WCNs), Design Change Notes (DCNs), Variation Order Requests (VORs) and Deviation Requests (DRs) and all associated registers
• Approval of all project documentation, drawings and deliverables
• Implementation of all HSSE aspects of the project.
• Support transition to OFE organisation as projects enter execute phases
To support Customer Engagement teams with Commercial / Technical support and as such and together with the rest of the EE Leadership team will ensure that he /she is fully informed on OFE capabilities.
Manage Early Engagement proposal /tender activities
Provide support as required to the other Commercial teams within BHGE
Ensuring the work is performed in accordance with BHGE Quality Management SystemsQualifications/Requirements:Proven Project Management / Consultancy Experience within the front end space
Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of experience
Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
Practical knowledge of all aspects of the Subsea Systems Engineering Lifecycle from NPI, Tender development, Project Engineering, SIT, commissioning, and operations
Proven technical understanding of Subsea Production Systems
Broad knowledge of processes, methods and procedures within project management
Demonstrable depth of experience in leadership within a multi-disciplinary, system environment including project planning, executing, customer interfacing, and close-out.
Desired Characteristics:Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Established project management skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more