Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer, in Blacksburg, VAEssential Responsibilities:
- Focus on developing, maintaining and improving manufacturing process for various fiber optic products
- Drive Process Improvement / Cycle Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process changes or improvements
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Conduct cost / benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
- Support equipment upgrades from purchase through installation
- Support the quality function through integration of ISO/QC documentation and Manufacturing methods Instructions
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing and/or operation
- Strong mechanical / electrical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Solid Works CAD
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Technical problem solver with exceptional mechanical background.
- Demonstrate general understanding of lean manufacturing methodology.
- Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training
- 5+ years of experience in an Optical Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to manage priorities and achieve results
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more