Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Fiber Optic Technician, in Blacksburg, VA
- Manufacture glass using Modified Chemical Vapor Deposition.
- Setting up gases and chemicals to make glass pre-forms for fiber optic cable.
- Will be working with hands all day.
- Maintains equipment including MCVD Lathe and Gas Scrubber System
- Operation of a draw tower to convert glass preform into glass fiber.
- Operation of scientific electronic lab equipment to test finished preforms and fibers.
- Operates test equipment in compliance with engineering standards.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Manual dexterity and strong hand-eye coordination.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends, if required
- Exceptional mechanical background.
- MCVD and or Draw Tower experience preferred.
- Superior knowledge of machines, hand tools and power tools needed for assembly.
- 5+ years of experience in an Optical Manufacturing Environment
- 5+ years' experience making glass in a lab or manufacturing environment & knowledge of Modified Chemical Vapor Deposition.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more