Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
This posting is for the position of EPC planner for GE Oil & Gas Subsea business based out of Bristol, UK. This position is in charge of the overall planning for a large subsea project working in coordination with approximately 6 other planners. The EPC planner is the single point of contact for the project schedule and is accountable for the schedule quality and project on-time delivery. Position reports to Subsea planning leader and is dotted line to the project director.Essential Responsibilities:
- Schedule management: The EPC planner is in charge of the overall project schedule management ensuring its quality (logic, clarity) and accuracy (update of dates, reflection of the scope of supply).
- Coordination and execution supervision: the EPC planner is the most senior planner of the project and is in charge of coordinating and collaborating with the other planners allocated to the project to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the schedule. The EPC planner will have the responsibility to ensure that the other project planners maintain quality and accuracy of their portion of the plan through regular reviews and will also provide help and guidance when they are faced with challenges. The product line planners will be dotted line to the EPC planner.
- Project management support: The EPC planner is at the right hand of the project director and as such will provide him/her visibility on i) look ahead of tasks to be performed in the 3 - 6 weeks ii) risks in schedules and mitigation actions iii) opportunities in the schedule. The EPC planner will provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the Project Director has all the tools required to make the right decisions driving on time and on budget project execution.
- Support with customer: the EPC planner will interact with the customer to provide update on schedule as well as explain the current situation / challenges / opportunities.
- Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: the EPC planners will adhere to the approved processes and proactively drive implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated planning.
- Bachelor or Master Degree (Engineering/Math/Science degree preferred) or equivalent
- Proven years of experience in Project Planning.
- Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 planning tool. Additional knowledge of MRP is required.
- Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The EPC planner will quickly understand the risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions.
- Expertise: Strong expertise in planning of a large project as well as use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
- Motivation and work ethic: High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position.
- Leadership & Inclusiveness: The EPC planner will coordinate a team of planners as well as interact with a large panel of individuals contributing to the performance of the project. As such strong leadership and great interpersonal skills are required
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more