- Overseeing day to day operation of the Scotford Pump Facility - safety, quality, cost and schedule
- Distribute daily work activities to meet existing priorities
- Drive a strong safety culture/mindset for all Maintenance personnel in the shop and accountable for safety performance
- Drive continuous improvement to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of daily activities related to Pump Shop
- Work with the Engineering and Maintenance Team to ensure repairs are executed as planned and deliver the intended results
- Support the development of the work process to create transparency and accountability to repair scopes as well as appropriate QA/QC controls
- Identify learning opportunities to develop and train staff
- Coordinate with area execution groups to ensure clarity of priorities for the Repair Facility
- Manage the safety and quality performance of any contractor resources supporting shop activities.
- Provide timely and accurate update to scheduler
- Manage Repair facility inventory of consumables and materials stock
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.Requirements
- A Graduate of Engineering or Technician or journeyman
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Shop Management or any related field
- Experience in working for an oil and gas industry
- Experience in machine shop supervision including materials and consumables management
- Dual Ticket qualification is preferred
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.