Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Management of the IP development process related to the software aspects of the Flexible Pipe Solutions (FPS) Integrity Management (IM) products.Essential Responsibilities:
Reporting to the FPS IM Technical Leader, the FPS IM Software Development Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of software to operate and control the IM products, to analyse data measured and to manage and present the data. The role will involve the management of a team of software engineers based both locally and remotely together with a proportion of time spent on hands on software development.
The software design tasks are diverse, including the development of device level drivers, hardware control applications, data handling, database design, coding of physics models and GUI development. The role requires a natural curiosity for solving problems and a creative, analytical and logical mind. The role also involves working closely with the other IM staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team (including physicists, electronic engineers & mechanical engineers) in a constantly evolving project based environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining software applications for FPS IM products and for experimental and test equipment.
- Ensuring that the product designs are fit for software function, maintenance and use.
- Managing the software development function with a proportion of time spent on hands on code development.
- Contributing to the development of novel IM methods and products.
- Providing support related to FPS IM software to engineering teams and to experimental programmes and product trials.
- Mentoring software engineers and agreeing of objectives.
- Identifying and ensuring proper implementation of new software methodologies, tools and training.
- Overseeing the support and maintenance of the IM data servers.
- Identifying and assessing suitable subcontract resources for software design and maintenance.
- Maintaining a safe working environment within the Milton site.
- Developing and implementing IM software QA policies and processes.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Physics/Mathematics/Engineering
- Significant years of experience in design, coding, testing and maintenance of software in an industrial/commercial environment under ISO 9001
- Experience of managing staff and projects, including the writing of specifications and test plans
- Demonstrable ability to apply Object Oriented Design principles and ideally experience in C++
- Experience of working and developing in both Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with cyber security issues and best practices for production of secure code
- Desire to work in a small, multi-disciplinary physics/engineering based team
- Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more