Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Lead Hydraulic Small-bore Product Engineer - Reporting to the Core Product Lead, you will be part of a team of specialist Engineers in the Core Product team. You will be the Engineering Product Owner for Hydraulic Small-bore Equipment for use in Subsea Production Systems and Services. Hydraulic tubing, fittings, and associated hydraulic circuit equipment will be your specialist area. Core activities will be around driving standardization through the establishment and maintenance of a Product Catalogue, part re-use and product control across SPS & SRV, providing NPI design and Engineering support and ensuring the correct technical solutions are available to project and services.Essential Responsibilities:
In this role the Hydraulic Small-bore Equipment Engineer is to deliver work scopes across NPI, SPS & SRV. The Core Product Engineer will be responsible for support of new designs, service and technical support for SPS Core Products.
- Working with the Core Product team and other teams to operate as a unified Subsea team that delivers on-time and within budgets.
- Work across the SPS product lines of Xmas Trees, Manifolds and Controls Systems controlling the use small-bore hydraulic components.
- Within the Product Catalogue, structure parts and assemblies to represent a family of products. Standardize drawings, bills of materials and calculations.
- Provide technical excellence to support product design, technology development, supplier quality & process qualification, internal manufacturing, field services and issue resolution.
- Support and deliver project work scopes to product and project fulfilment team through NPI, ITO and OTR phases of every project with technical rigor, responsiveness, good business sense, simplicity and customer focus.
- Continuously drive the creation of common specifications, procedures and approaches through areas of expertise across the subsea productions systems. Identifying Synergies and eliminating duplication of effort and waste.
- Work closely with strategic sourcing, manufacturing and quality to ensure philosophy of the Product Catalogue is understood and leveraged in long-term supplier agreements. Solicit feedback from supply chain and across functions to ensure the Product Catalogue offers maximum value.
- Compile, review and release calculation sheets, drawings and models in line with the DPP. Set scopes of work for completion outside the Core Product team. Run and complete design, material and manufacturing reviews
- Provide operational direction consistent with business initiatives & drive excellence in the areas of integrity, controllership and compliance
- Create and embrace new business initiatives / ideas & encourage team members to do the same and incorporate them into daily work
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline.
- Hydraulic tubing, fittings, and associated hydraulic circuit equipment will be your specialist area
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Fluent English speaker
- Efficient in preparation and review of engineering drawings and calculations
- Prior experience focusing on managing the design & development of products / solutions
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of a matrix environment
- Strong business acumen and customer mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills