Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
· Be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Customs' harmonized tariff code classification process according to BHGE Enterprise Standard, including but not limited to, HS code classification assignment and governance, FTA related HS code, and anti-dumping, duty relief related programs and other customs program in the area of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Other APAC region as it relates to the interaction of the respective programs with tariff classification
·Develop and oversee customs-related process improvement projects, applying innovation and continuous improvement methodologies to define efficient, compliant and cost-effective solutions
·Operation support on the classification daily operations.
·Resolve classification disputes; liaise with local Customs authorities as needed
·Periodically review with classification vendors and provide guidance to help them to improve performance
·Other projects assigned by line manager or functional leader in the region
·Bachelor's or Master's degree
·Minimum 5 years Customs, and/or international trade business experience
·In-depth Customs tariff code knowledge and practical experience with Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access); Other knowledge about Customs MOFCOM and CIQ such as 3C, dual use products is preferred
·Experience in handling multiple, often complex projects simultaneously
·Customs tariff code knowledge and practical experience with Office (Word, Excel, Access) and business ERPs (Oracle, SAP)
·Good skills in process analysis, data analysis and problem solving
·Aptitude to perform positively when working under pressure
·Able to work both independently and within a team
Desired Characteristics:• Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate multiple / large projects, provide direction and leadership to a network of resources, establish clear goals and achievable project plans and deliverables
• Demonstrated compliance mindset
• Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, experience and instinct to make accurate and timely decisions
• Demonstrated ability of working with all levels of internal and external organizations
• Familiarity with Product Composition
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Foreign languages a plus
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more