Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Description
Baker Hughes is currently seeking an experienced Wireline Field Engineer. The incumbent under general supervision will be fully competent in all aspects of operator duties at the well site and at the shop, can maintain the unit and perform all pre-job duties, well-site operations and post-job duties.Responsibilities
- Under broad direction receives instructions on day-to-day work and general instructions on wellsite activities.
- Performs assembly, checking, and loading necessary equipment required for scheduled TCP, PL, DSS and/or other "specialty" jobs; including operations and maintenance of equipment and facility.
- Works with drill crew on location to assemble and run the Tubing Conveying Perforating (TCP), Product Logging (PL) or Downhole Seismic (DSS) equipment.
- Provides record of such equipment and other assemblies as run to the Customer Representative at the wellsite.
- Advises Customer Representative in spotting and actuating such equipment and in troubleshooting.
- Assists with the training of assigned personnel in such operations and maintenance.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Carries out all required responsibilities safely and as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations, and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experiences in cased hole & Open hole operations
- Technical Knowledge of Wireline Equipment
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to work in the field
- Knowledge of Baker Hughes product line is a must
- Regional experience preffered.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more