Corporate Job Title
Directly: Servicing Team Leader
Functionally: Workshop Supervisor, Operations Manager
The Workshop Technician is responsible for assisting the workshop teams by helping prepare equipment for maintenance and inspection, covering Paintbay & Washbay duties depending on workload and holidays.
- Candidates must have experience in a similar workshop/mechanical role.
- Forklift Certificate is necessary.
Key Functional Skills
- Previous experience of operating Washbay, Paintbay and Wheelabrator equipment
- Able to strip, re-build and maintain handling equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is thoroughly washed / wheelibrated to remove all debris prior to servicing.
- Ensure all reports on equipment maintenance and inspection are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is certified and worn parts replaced when necessary.
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean and free of obstructions - maintaining good housekeeping.
- Drive forklift truck, pick-up truck and workshop cranes as required.
- Report all damaged/missing items to Workshop Supervisor.
- Responsible for health and safety of all personnel in the workshop and for the protection of the environment.
- Assist with training of all workshop personnel.
- Implement quality, health and safety policies during all operational activities.
- Monitor and order workshop consumables required for equipment preparation as and when required.
- Working within a Workshop/Yard environment
- Will be expected to become part of the workshop on-call rota team.
- Extended work shifts to meet deadlines; overtime and weekends as required.