Skills: Subsea Engineering, Technical Manager, Environmental, Safety & Training
Other Skills: Process Engineer, QA / QC Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Be responsible for technical integrity and compliance with estimated costs and deadlines throughout the various engineering phases of the project
- Perform directly engineering tasks to guarantee the quality of the product for methods requirements
- The Engineer executes the activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements. Tasks include:
- Report to Offshore Method Lead
- Draw up a general engineering schedule as stipulated by the contract to be revised by the Project Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual requirements
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget, in conjunction with his direct responsible
- Approve all the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client Participate to meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client. Cost and scheduling decisions which influence contractual obligations or other functions must be approved by the Project Engineer (if any) and communicated to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager
- Notify his direct responsible and the Project Manager of any problems occurring with any other engineering areas
- Perform all the engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented
- Summarize and clarify in a manual all methodology activities, clearly identifying the show stoppers (if any). Transfer inside the manual all useful data derived by analyses performed by others
- Ensure that the operation people on board of the vessel receive all useful data in form of reports, manuals, drawings
- Follow up activities offshore or in any construction place deemed necessary by the project
- All the above activities could be performed with different level of deepness for Project or Bid assistance performance
- Participation to the offshore activities with the role of field engineer, when requested both in the yards and offshore during the vessel operation campaign
- Be responsible to verify equipment and materials
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.