Skills: Research & Development, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
JOB SCOPE: Design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confer With Engineers, Customers, And Others To Discuss Existing Or Potential Engineering Projects And Products.
- Design, Implement, Maintain, And Improve Electrical Instruments, Equipment, Facilities, Components, Products, And Systems For Commercial, Industrial, And Domestic Purposes.
- Operate Computer-Assisted Engineering And Design Software And Equipment To Perform Engineering Tasks.
- Direct And Coordinate Manufacturing, Construction, Installation, Maintenance, Support, Documentation, And Testing Activities To Ensure Compliance With Specifications, Codes, And Customer Requirements.
- Perform Detailed Calculations To Compute And Establish Manufacturing, Construction, And Installation Standards And Specifications.
- Inspect Completed Installations And Observe Operations To Ensure Conformance To Design And Equipment Specifications And Compliance With Operational And Safety Standards.
- Plan And Implement Research Methodology And Procedures To Apply Principles Of Electrical Theory To Engineering Projects.
- Prepare Specifications For Purchase Of Materials And Equipment.
- Supervise And Train Project Team Members As Necessary.
- Investigate And Test Vendors' And Competitors' Prod
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- At least 3-6 years of experience in the engineering profession or equivalent graduate level education.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Downhole electronices experience.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.