Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Skills: Research & Development, Technical Writing, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Other Skills: ACI, Field / Laboratory Tests, Construction Science, Geo technical, Soil Classification, Bituminous, Aggregate, Asphalt, Sieve Analyses, Proctors
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Join Cardno's Construction Sciences Division to play an integral role in providing accurate and efficient services in all facets of soil and concrete testing.
- Assist in the delivery of projects and ensure output is of a high standard and within time and cost budget allocations
- Collect and prepare soil/concrete samples for laboratory analysis using standard techniques
- Assist in testing and analyzing samples to determine their content and characteristics using laboratory equipment
- Compile and record basic testing and operational data for review and further analysis
- Assemble, operate and maintain field and laboratory testing equipment
- Fulfill administrative requirements as required
- Collaborate with project staff to complete projects
- Undertake work related training and demonstrate a willingness to pursue self development for career advancement
- Deliver project outcomes within client specifications and expectations
- Assist with the implementation of the business unit's approved Business Plan
- Monitor progress of own work to ensure compliance with program and budget
- Adhere to the quality system requirements of the project and the Quality Management system
- Ability to gain and apply knowledge of soil/concrete testing techniques
- Eagerness to learn and a drive to succeed
- Current valid driver's license
- ACI certification is a plus
- Construction experience is a plus
- Demonstrated skills in operating soil testing equipment
- A minimum of basic numeracy skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with clients, staff and managers
- Ability to solve problems utilizing existing procedures
- Ability to manage time and work to budget
- Flexibility in work schedules such as overtime, nights, and weekends as needed to meet business requirements is a must
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation
- Respectful and punctual
Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants ONLY
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno PPI, LLC is an energy industry–focused engineering, operations management and quality assurance firm that provides services around the world. A subsidiary of Australia-based professional services Cardno Ltd., Cardno PPI solves critical challenges for clients around the world, specializing in quality and consulting services; hands-on engineering, certification, and technical services; and technology development and resource management. The company has a mature inspection and audit reporting software solution that is used by its customers to extract key performance indicators for better business decision making.
Safety is a core value at Cardno PPI, and our Zero Harm safety program fosters an environment of clear accountability, shared responsibility, risk awareness and effective communication. Our program underpins all operations and is responsive to the needs of our customers.
At Cardno, we believe that what is good for people, communities, and the world we live in can also be good for shareholders. Every day, Cardno employees are Making a difference – putting our vision, purpose, and values into action.
Visit us on the Web at www.cardnoppi.com.