Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Product Line Quality Leader (Artificial Lift and Rod Lift Systems) to lead the improvement of the product line and actively drive the implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS), Cost of Quality projects and other enterprise initiatives to assure compliance with internal and external standards at the regional and enterprise levels.
The position reports to QA Leader OFS and dotted line to the ALS President and RLS Vice President and will engage significantly with the ALS - RLS Leadership Team and QA colleagues globally. Essential Responsibilities:
- Develops and supports Key Performance Indicator measurements that drive continuous improvement, coordinates and supervises activities of Quality personnel assignments, job or project management, administration and technical support. Responsible for Region, product, and manufacturing / AMO units.
- Conduct quality planning and setting of quality objectives .Ensures effective deployment of operational unit strategies; uses BHGE best practices and information to provide subject matter expertize in quality and guidance to all levels of the organization. Leads functional areas in documenting existing and future state processes and facilitates implementation of continuous improvement projects. Partners with a diverse range of workgroups, teams and individuals to develop customized activities as required to progress introduction of organizational change management and process management into normal operational activities.
- Responsible for supervising and the development of employees.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values
- Ensure compliance to the BHGE Quality system and industry standard such as API and ISO.
- Provide technical quality advice to management and establish appropriate measurable goals and metrics for Supplier improvement/compliance projects
- Develop and monitor the effectiveness of supplier control plans having considered potential risk by analyzing and interpretation data.
- Work closely with all areas of the business to develop appropriate Quality Control processes and standards
- Lead workforce in continuous improvement activities, both systems and processes, and benchmark appropriate standards of conduct throughout the operation
- Assure that Suppliers are complying with BHGE and industry standards.
- Monitor internal and supplier quality control systems and processes, and actively promote quality improvements.
- Actively participate in the selection and approval process for new suppliers and act as Quality expert advisor to BHGE Organization.
- Be the official ambassador for change management for ALS - RLS, not just for QA but the overall business.
Some key actions are but not limited to:
- Creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance, work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees, focus on the people side of change, including changes to processes, systems and technology.
- Partner to the ALS product line to influence the business in the direction of improved quality/ business performance.
- PL Quality leader will interact with all levels within the organization in particular the PL President / VP to be able to explain issues positively or negatively influencing the quality of the business, often serving as an interpreter to explain the intent of a specification, customer, regulatory, and internal or other standard into terminology actionable by the business partners.
- Often challenge the business to work differently in a goal of running better to positively impact margin and free cash flow.
- Handle special projects as required.
- Represent Quality Organization on recognized international standard committees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ year's quality management experience.
- Understanding and Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, API Q1,
- Certified lead auditor
- Quality Control and Assurance experience
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Understanding of business processes, industry standards and BHGE technologies.
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proven experience and ability to build rapport and influence across regions outside the US;
- Proven ability and recognizable past success records to influence senior stakeholders and demonstrated track record of creating positive change in the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and customer demands.
- API and/or ISO Lead auditor qualified
- Industry recognized Quality System Certification
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- 4+ years of supplier quality auditing experience
- Strong leader with solid financial acumen
- Strong operational background is a plus
- Previous experience in an operations role is a plus
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more