Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Work within the Baker Hughes, a GE company Flexible Pipe Systems Engineering team to provide global analysis engineering support from bid acquisition through to project execution, overseeing and supporting the work of the systems design and engineering group. Interface with the Design and Project Executions Engineers, Senior Analysts and the Principal Technology Leaders sitting in main FPS CoE's.Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the dynamic modeling and analysis of flexible riser systems to meet Client specifications and industry standards.
- Assess environmental and vessel data for implementation into a system model.
- Provide detailed technical evaluations of riser systems as part of the project execution process.
- Support development of methodologies and produce procedures for riser system analysis.
- Review, assess and present design documentation results (Metocean Data, mooring reports.
- Produce comprehensive analysis reports for submission as part of either FEED study or Project Execution work.
- Interface with the engineering groups both internally and externally on the analysis outputs for the design of the riser system and ancillary equipment, to present a comprehensive technical package.
- Attend client meetings in relation to the work performed.
- Ensure that the applicable engineering aspects of the design, quality and safety requirements are implemented in accordance with BHGE and statutory requirements.
- Carry out reviews of internal and third party analyses, in line with BHGE's internal quality control.
- Produce engineering procedures and calculation sheets to further improve BHGE's methodologies and technical capabilities.
- Provide technical support to the Sales and Tendering Group as required in conducting system level analysis.
- Must be able to demonstrate performance in accomplishment of assigned technical programs on a sustained basis either as an individual or member of a technical team.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to make own technical decisions based on knowledge, experience and appropriate position.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to provide consultation/guidance to engineers/peers within work group.
- Must be able to contribute to technical improvements through tools development or automation of analysis/procedures.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Analysis Manager.
- Ability to work on all stages of a project from bid through to execution.
- High technical ability.
- Degree in Mechanical, Structural Engineering or Naval Architecture preferred.
- Understanding of design drivers and modeling of ancillary equipment (bend stiffeners, buoyancy modules) and mooring systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the main standards for design of offshore structures and flexible pipes (DNV, API codes).
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis of dynamic riser systems. Preferred tools include Orcaflex and Flexcom.
- IT literate with intermediate to advanced proficiency in Office (including VBA).
- Understanding of basic programming languages or willingness to learn.
- Ability to define problems, collate and analyse data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Understanding of offshore flexible design and installation methods.
- Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; organize and provide technical documentation in a logical format for customer evaluation.
- Ability to operate and guide within a multi-tasking dynamic team environment.
- Ability to learn new design tools to broaden experience.
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical procedures, professional journals or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions across a broad range of levels in the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as interpolation, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Knowledge of structural mechanics, fluid mechanics (vessel motion, hydrodynamics and wave kinematics), stress analysis and buckling strength analysis of structural components.
- A team player but someone who is equally comfortable working alone (self-motivated).
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Master's degree or equivalent in a related subject; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree or equivalent in programming; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Engineers with (or working towards) Chartered Status with a recognized institution.
- Clear logical thinker, demonstrating an analytical approach.
- Flexible attitude and proactive approach to unpredictable demands.
- Good interpersonal skills (articulate, confident, mature and able to work as part of a team).
- Ability to perform under pressure to deadlines without compromising standards.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more