Clamart, Île-de-France, France
Clamart, Île-de-France, France
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Physicist
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Application domain: optics/optical spectroscopy (including near and mid-infrared)
For now, Geoservices is providing only d13C1 spectroscopy from mud gas in real time, but we are looking for more. They are especially asking for d13C2 combined with d13C1 to get more information on the secondary processes involved in the hydrocarbon generation, which are not seen with d13C1 measurement only. Having the ability to measure the isotopic signatures for d13C2 combined with d13C1 in real time would enhance greatly the value of GSS surface service on unconventional plays and of course be differentiating on deep offshore wells.
The main goal of the position will be orientated into developing a prototype to measure d13C1 and d13C2 in natural gas mixtures and to evaluate its metrological performances.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Architecture design of sensors and embedded systems
- Design of electronic subassemblies (connection diagrams).
- Realization of tests and modelling using simulation software.
- Design and realization of the electronic integration (implementation of the system, connection of the elements, configuration ...) in the prototypes.
- Design and development in Labview or Python on FPGA.
- Integration of optical components on an optical bench
- Management of thermal and heat effects on the analyzer performance
- Management of nomenclatures
- Masters or Engineering Diploma (with 0 to 3 years of experience), specialty: optics, physics, mechatronics
- Technologies of electronic (active, passive) and optical components
- Industrialization in electronics
- Basics in analog and digital electronics.
- Basics in Labview or Python coding
- Experimentation skills
- Implementation of test protocols, implementation of these protocols and drafting of test reports.
- Good knowledge in wiring components (conductors & connectors), and the prototyping of cables and harnesses
- Low voltage skills.
- Skills in gas fittings and connections would be appreciated.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.