Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Inverurie, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client, a world leader in the design and manufacture of downhole cable and control line protection systems, is looking for a Design Draughtsperson on permanent basis, located in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
- Looking to engage a Design Draughtsperson with technical drawing experience using Autocad to join a successful Project Design team.
- Initially duties will involve design and detailing to assist Project Engineers. The role will progress to Project Engineer which will involve defining the client's technical requirements, translating these into cost effective solutions, developing commercial quotations and issuing them for consideration.
- This process will initially involve designing and detailing a workable technical and cost-effective solution that meets the client's requirements. The ability to produce technical drawings which represent the proposed technical solution is a very desirable skill for this position and knowledge of downhole oilfield equipment would be an advantage.
- A capacity to adopt new concepts readily, hard-working and with a desire to learn about our products and progress and build a future with the company.
- The role would ideally suit a person with a mechanical/engineering background, preferably HNC/D in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent), although people with transferable skills who are highly motivated to learn about the company products are encouraged to apply.
- Become fully familiar with company products
- Learn, understand and adhere to company design and drawing principles and standards.
- Learn, understand and adhere to the company Quality Management System in all tasks performed.
- Learn the function of the Drawing Register and how to interact with it
- Learn how to produce accurate product design layouts and manufacturing detail drawings on 2D AUTOCAD.
- Learn how to produce drawings for test equipment.
- Become familiar with the costing of company products and how quotes are issued to customers.
- Liaise with managers, suppliers and in-house workshop technicians to develop the drawings needed for manufacture.
Desirable Technical Competencies
- Accuracy / zero errors
- Knowledge of product function
- Knowledge of function of detailed components
- Knowledge of various standard cross coupling protector types ie 1000 Series, 2000 Series etc.
- Adherence to Drawing Office Standards
- Adherence to QMS Procedures
- Optimisation of strength in design at minimum cost
- Consistent use of standard features
- Knowledge of the following special Cable Protector types:
- Dual String
- ESP MLE
- Riser Umbilical
- Fully meeting customer requirements at minimum cost
- Clear, consistent and logical Dimensioning
- Problem solving in design and manufacture issues
- Contribution to improved standard of Base Template Drawings and Drawing Office Standards
- Understanding customer requirements and providing optimum solutions