Skills: Refinery Specialist
Other Skills: Refinery, Waste Water Treatment, Technical Services, Technical Support, Performance Monitoring, Optimization, Troubleshooting, Biological Treatment, Membrane Bioreactor, MBR
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manama, Bahrain
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bapco is seeking an experienced Process Specialist Waste Water Treatment, with a solid background in refinery waste water treatment and utilities systems, for the Technical Services Department to provide process engineering technical support related to waste water treatment and utilities facilities.
Candidates must have detailed knowledge of primary and secondary biological treatment of refinery waste water streams using API, Induced Air Floatation (IAF) and Membrane Bioreactor (MBR), as well as a solid understanding of other refinery utility facilities e.g. seawater thermal desalination, steam generation, cooling water systems and water treatment programs.
Applicants must have a proven track record in performance monitoring and optimisation of refinery waste water treatment processes, which utilise biological and membrane technologies, as well typical refinery utility systems. Such experience must also include troubleshooting, undertaking of performance test runs, onsite field checks, preparation of performance reports, and participation in shutdowns and turnarounds for maintenance and inspection.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- At least a BSc level degree, or equivalent, in Chemical Engineering from a recognised University
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience, most of which will have been in a refinery technical services role, providing process engineering support for waste water treatment and utilities systems
- Expert knowledge of waste water treatment using biological treatment and membrane technology
- Solid experience and understanding of other refinery utility facilities e.g. seawater thermal desalination, steam generation, cooling towers and water treatment using chemicals
- A good working knowledge of some of the main process simulation software used in the refining industry e.g. AspenTech Hysys, ProII, PetroSim, HTRI. A working knowledge of Visual-MESA, in particular, is an added advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English, good communication and mentoring skills, and the ability to influence and gain support from various technical teams within the refinery
The successful candidate will also be:
- A highly developed critical thinker, with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated, creative and able to exercise initiative
- Able to organise, plan and execute work effectively, independently and within teams
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to mentor and inspire younger, less experienced process engineers
- Able to coach others working with him/her
- Skilled in using MS Office software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, in a process engineering technical services environment