Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: IT - Software Development, Architect
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Leads, consults or oversees multiple architectural engagements. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within a domain: technical, solutions, business or information. Leads domain specific architecture.
Essential Responsibilities:Promotes the enterprise architecture process, outcomes and results. Participates in the design of systems and understands the opportunity for reuse. Uses development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components. Participates in architecture implementation and modification activities, assures completion of tasks. Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits. Trains and mentors more junior peers in architecture concepts.Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 7+ years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines.
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
• Hands on experience in developing enterprise software solutions, preferably based on Java technology stack
• Experience working Open Stack cloud deployment
• Experience working on connectivity of devices to cloud applications or ERP systems
• Expert-level knowledge of Spring (MVC, Data JPA, Security, Boot, Batch), REST APIs, JSON and xml
• Expert-level knowledge of Angular JS or other modern UI framework
• Knowledge of Web security
• Experience or knowledge of AWS/ Azzure/GCP a plus.
• Understand industry trends and competitive landscape and the implications for GE
• Work with Principle and Consulting engineers to align projects with business goals and needs.
• Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout their domain. Define the skills, competencies in the skills and talents for architecture team members.
• Facilitates dialogues that produce new perspectives and trigger recommendations for substantial innovative / enhancements, and analysis of consequences.
• Influences through others. Uses experts or other third parties to influence. Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, uses chains of indirect influence.
• Takes a holistic systems perspective. Envisions, compares and contrasts multiple potential long-range enterprise-wide futures. Empathizes with multiple points of view.
• Participates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in defining product strategies
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more