Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Responsible for identifying metrics and thresholds to improve performance and availability, developing integrated monitoring solutions, and defining non-intrusive change processes. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across the business. Provides quality feedback to architects and engineers to improve future designs.
Essential Responsibilities:• Establishes performance baselines, capacity thresholds, correlate events, and define monitoring/alerting criteria.
• Identifies thresholds for all critical links in the data path to quickly isolate where imbalances may result in potential outages
• Possesses experience with configuring, customizing, and extending enterprise monitoring tools.
• Leads deployment of enterprise automation tools.
• Uses data analytics to proactively identify systematic issues
• Programmatically monitors for and remediate configuration drift on compute devices.
• Responds and leads resolution to on-call escalations for urgent issues.
• Investigates root cause of severe and systemic outages, identify corrective actions and apply across the enterprise
• Develops new tools and processes and improve existing ones for maintaining operations and improving productivity of the team
• Develops response plans to potential failure points and evaluate effectiveness during planned tests
• Possesses extensive experience and demonstrated mastery with multiple scripting languages.
• Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Provide 24X7 support for production and test environments
• Work with Customer Service teams to resolve customer escalations.
• Be available to respond to service availability issues and resolve them round the clock in a timely manner
• Develop appropriate operational and support documentation to ensure faster problem resolution
• Proactively identify application problem areas and assist in resolving them in collaboration with product engineering and fleet health management.
• Assist information security teams to ensure the production infrastructure remains secure. Ensure compliance of production infrastructure with information security requirements
• Technically mentor junior employees within the function.Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
• 10+ years of Production Operations support experience preferably with a cloud services provider. Should have experience working in shifts
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Effective written and spoken communication skills.
• Experience working with globally distributed teams and across cultures
• Self-driven. Should be able to operate with minimal management supervision
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel as needed
Desired Characteristics:• Mission critical systems experience is preferred
• Demonstrated experience of delivering on commitments to clients.
• Works well in fast paced growing environment.
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Experience working directly with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Azure etc.), database technologies (e.g. MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server), operating systems (Windows, Linux) and orchestration tools (Chef, puppet)
• Supporting n-tier web applications deployed on leading middleware like Apache Tomcat, JBoss. Understanding of SOAP or REST-based web-services would be a plus.
• Exposure to any leading RDBMS - Oracle DB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL server. Should be able to perform basic database support functions like start/stop, user management, troubleshooting
• Strong administrative level knowledge on Linux and Windows. Knowledge of infrastructure components - like storage, network elements like routers, switches etc. is highly desirable.
• Good understanding of Public Clouds like AWS and GCP or Azure, including creating servers, LBs, storage, databases
• Good understanding of containerization, using Docker & Kubernetes, and how to troubleshoot issues.
• Basic software development exposure - hands on with any programming or scripting language (preferably shell/perl/python or Java) is highly desirable
• Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, OpsView, NewRelic
• Experience with NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, Hadoop etc) is a plus
• Training on ITIL is highly desirable
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing results
• Strong oral and written communication skills including executive level presentation skills
• Willing to quickly self-learn new technologies/products as needed
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more