Skills: Accounting, Executive
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Are you looking for a career in Finance or Accounting but do not quite have the experience you'd like to land that job? This is the job for you! We are searching for a graduate in Finance or Accounting to learn the ropes as the Executive Assistant to the CFO and direct reports. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, but also experienced in administrative support. After two years in this role, the employee will be ready to progress into a career in Finance or Accounting. Job Summary Administratively support the EVP/CFO and direct reports while maintaining a portfolio of Finance related projects that aide in acquiring experience and skills necessary to develop a career path into a finance profession after two years.
This role includes standard executive administrative duties, in addition to finance responsibilities for the EVP/CFO and four direct reports. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Schedule meetings and international travel. Maintain calendars and assist with meeting preparation including printing and organizing documents.
- Prepare expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain address books, including client/vendor contact details and answer telephone calls.
- Compile financial data and prepare schedules and presentations for distribution.
- Prepare reports, memos, financial statements, and other documents.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets.
- Orchestrate logistics for internal and external events, conferences and presentations.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors in data.
- Act as liaison between executive team and management staff.
- Special projects supporting Accounting, Treasury and/or Investor Relations as needed.
- Provide backup for other executive support functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
Two to three years in a support position with a background in accounting and/or finance.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and demonstrated ability to perform routine financial analysis and prepare finance schedule and presentations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook and Office Programs.
- A demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to new software packages. Ability to use spreadsheet, word processing, operating systems, database and communications software programs effectively.
- Exposure to general ledger accounting and good working knowledge of financial systems and applications.
The candidate must possess superior verbal and communication skills, as well as superior customer service skills.
Candidate must be professional, highly organized with a strong ability to multi-task, set priorities and work well in an open environment, as part of a team and under pressure.
High level of analytical skills with ability to interpret results and recognize problems. Job requires employee to make decisions about his/her work and to work independently as necessary.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.