Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Senior Analyst - Operational Systems Support for their office located in Houston, TX.
The Senior Analyst - Operational Systems Support ("Analyst") is skilled in the management and support of one or more applications and provides support services to business users. The Analyst is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the application(s) environment to maximize availability and performance, provide troubleshooting and corrective action to resolve business issues, and insures the usability and support for application enhancements and bug fixes. The Analyst will act as a Subject Matter Expert for application functionality, solutions, training, and documentation. Although the Analyst position is not a pure development role it will require the use of some development/programmer competencies to complete work efforts.
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of functional aspects of application and associated business processes
- Provide functional and/or technical direction/assistance for assigned applications
- Monitor incoming service requests and incidents for assigned application(s)
- Investigate and diagnose service requests or incidents according to their priority/rank, and identify the resolution and/or issue
- Work directly with users to identify and resolve issues adversely impacting business processes
- Define technical solutions ensuring considerations for system stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability
- Identify solution alternatives to address issues raised throughout service request or incident lifecycle
- Utilize 3 rd parties and vendor support as defined within existing support arrangements, and escalate additional (billable) support to appropriate IT management for approval
- Adheres to and champions the IT Governance programs (e.g. change management, communication, and release management)
- Complete high-level designs and associated estimates to meet defined requirements
- Monitor application backlog (service requests, incidents) and keep open items updated with current efforts
- Maintain documentation (run books, technical design, build, deployment, install guides) and process standards in area of responsibility along with regular audits to validate accuracy
- Develop documentation and provide training to users as appropriate
- Define potential improvement changes to resolve errors, prevent the recurrence of problems or improve system maintainability and stability for assigned applications
- Provide input to IT Project Management Office to support clear and concise requirements definitions
- Assist team members handling major incidents for assigned applications; identify the root cause and short or long-term solutions
- Prevent the replication of problems across multiple systems by sharing lessons learned and best practices with other team members and IT Management
- Develops customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer; anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Familiarity with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications (Maximo, Environmental applications, Graphical Information System, MS Office, Measurement, SCADA)
- 2+ years of experience in application support
- 1+ years of experience in application development or a programming language
- Experience or familiarity with the following technologies: VB, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML)
- Experience with Common Database platforms (Oracle, MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow problem, change, and incident management processes and procedures
- In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Must be able to independently resolve issues and efficiently self-direct work activities based on the ability to capture, organize, and analyze information
- Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies
- Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and driving to solutions
- Experience supporting resources performing user acceptance, regression and other required system tests, ensuring that system and/or related integration issues that arise are identified, researched and closed in a timely manner
- Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical individuals
- Demonstrated team building skills
- Ability to interact with internal employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Willingness to travel to company locations (up to 15%)
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified
- Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Technologies (Microsoft Certifications)
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.