Job Title -MachinistLocation - Odessa, TX Employee Type - Permanent Summary
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, is a leading provider of technology for oilfield services, has a permanent opportunity for a Machinist to be based in Odessa, TX.
Machining parts for manufacturing of completion products using manual or NC lathe and mill machines. Produces complex parts from a variety of materials within close tolerances. Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Be responsible for quality of all operations performed, use of statistical process control charts, and continuous improvement in quality
- Qualify machine, fixture, tooling, preset tools and offsets
- Inspect first piece and in-process pieces, as specified in work instructions
- Make adjustments as needed to hold tolerances
- Maintain workplace organization for good housekeeping and cleanliness, to promote safety, and to improve work practices for fast setup
- Perform routine machine operations, normal machine adjustments such as speed, feeds and cutting tools, fast setup, and routine preventative maintenance to equipment
- Set up and operation of machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations holding precise tolerances and finish requirements
- High School Diploma /GED from accredited school or institution
- Minimum 2 years production environment experience, including 1 year of machine shop experience
- Mazak/Slant CNC knowledge preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading provider of technology for oilfield services. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.