NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a Process & Analytics Engineer
based in Edmonton, AB
on a 6 month contract. Individuals will need to be local to the area as no LOA/relocation is provided.
The primary focus of this role is to ensure the safe and reliable pipeline operation by supporting the ongoing Intelligent Valve Placement (IVP) Program.
Focus will be to collaborate with various key Stakeholders to collect/ steward associated input data, in order to develop accurate volume out calculations. And ultimately provide engineering recommendations on where these automated valves should be installed.
In parallel, this role will also coordinate general maintenance, improvements and changes needed to these volume out calculations as impacted from operational changes Skills and requirements:
Optional past experience in the following would be considered an asset:
- Completion of an Engineering Degree, with a preference in Process or Mechanical Discipline.
- Four (4) years or more of engineering experience in Pipeline, Oil & Gas, and/or Petrochemical.
- Registered P Eng with a professional engineering association: example APEGA as P Eng. Or close to receiving P Eng. Stamp approval.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, organization skills, multi-tasking and/or project management.
- Proficient or willingness to quickly learn techniques in data management, data manipulation, statistical methods to analyze data to drive data-based decisions.
- Competency in writing technical engineering summary reports that support calculations, requiring P.Eng Stamp.
- Exhibit analytical judgement to think in terms of systems and tactics for solving simple to more complex engineering problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver reliable data-driven deliverables.
- Self motivated, growth mindset, and thrives in a dynamic changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Willingness to take the lead to identify innovative solutions and manage changes accordingly.
- Ability to learn the Regulatory Compliance drivers that influence the requirements for the IVP Program.
- Ability to legally work in Canada, and can travel occasionally between CAN/ US.
- Data analytics
- Process and/or hydraulics
- Industry experience in pipeline operation, pipeline design, process safety or project engineering
- Understanding and interpreting engineering information from drawings and/or technical records
- Participated in Risk Assessments such as: PHA, HAZOP, LOPA's, What-If or FMEA
- Knowledge in CSA Z662, ASME B 31.4, API 521 and pipeline regulations such as AER Pipeline Act, Onshore Pipeline Regulations-99, and DOT 195.
- Software such as: Power BI, OSISoft PI, SPS, AFT Fathom
- Coding such as: C++, SAS EG, R-Script, Python
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.