Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Provide Structural Integrity Service and oversee and endorse the inspections required to maintain the structural integrity of offshore oil and gas facilities. These are to be in accordance with approved plans and Oceaneering and the client's codes of practice, strategies and offshore/onshore legislation where applicable
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience with deck supports, grating and fixing design.
- Advise the client of any limitations resulting from inspections, advise alternative solutions for mitigating or resolving problems
- Support the client in delivery an offshore Structural survey.
- Provide technical support in Structural Engineering
- Provide support to our clients which includes Integrity Management / Inspection Management / Repair activities for Structures in accordance with the relevant parts of the contract as required
- Assist with Structural Integrity and Inspection Management strategies
- Assist with creation of any Structural Planned Maintenance Routines (PMR's) based upon the client Structural Integrity and Inspection Strategies
- Ensure all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practices and review any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point
- Ensure the structural inspections detailed in the strategies are carried out and are co-ordinated with all other activities where necessary
- Review and endorse all Structural Inspection Reports, including 3rd party NDE Reports, and confirm the structural inspections have been carried out as required by the strategies
- Carry out first pass assessment of reported defects, report any anomalies and highlight any areas of concern to the appropriate client Structural Integrity Engineer. Advise the client when conditions present any immediate threat to integrity
- Undertake specific investigations into structural issues, and engage approved 3rd parties as necessary to complete the scope
- Advise the appropriate client Structural Integrity Engineer of any limitations resulting from inspections, advise alternative solutions for mitigating or resolving problems
- Contribute to the development and completion of fabric maintenance strategies, programs and plans
- Promote the use of specialist technology to resolve unusual/special problems, or where efficiencies can be gained, and liaise with the client on the implementation when appropriate
- Assist in creation of client Summary Reports
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the company health, safety, environmental, and quality systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of more environmental friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
E- Essential, P- Preferred
- Diploma in Structural or Civil Engineering or related discipline (E)
- Offshore medical and survival certification (E)
E - Essential, P- Preferred
- 10 years offshore structural experience (E)
- Experience with bridges, gratings, floor loading (P)
- Understanding of basic corrosion and corrosion protection principles (E)
- Ability to create and/or interpret various types of structural and piping technical drawings (e.g general arrangements, P&IDs, piping isometrics, structural drawings) (E)
- Ability to interface at all levels including client and senior management (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills (E)
- Strong team player with the ability to work standalone in challenge situations (E)
- Prioritization and organization of workload (E)
- Ability to work to tight timescales (E)
- Awareness of the business and its customers, coupled with an awareness of industry trends and how the business operates (P)
- Computer literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs - proficient in Excel (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Computer Skills- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Peoplesoft, MS Project, Primavera
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training & development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Attendance & Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard or excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.Working
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water. Remote work site with camp accommodation, facilities. Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment. Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare. Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks. Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases. Work surface is stable, height is elevated. Confined space or cramped spaces. Travel could be by ferry, workboat, taxi, train, bus, plane, helicopter. Work at height from elevated platforms or scaffold. Use of hand tools, gauges and meters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.