Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Buying/Procurement Specialist in Houston, TX
- Under general supervision, manages various aspects of supplier relationships, including contract negotiations, delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Selects and negotiates with approved vendors.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- May train lower level buyers. Reviews bids and contracts submitted by lower level buyers before orders are placed. May substitute items without approval.
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews.
- Recommends new developments in materials and supplies.
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Highschool Diploma
- 2+ years' procurement, contract negotiations, continuous improvement in procurement, or similar experience
- Experience applying stand-alone knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional team and demonstrate consistent forward progress.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or similar field.
- Holds APICS - CPIM
- Project Management Experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more