Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Working for ix3 at Aker Solutions in Aberdeen, you will be involved in the development of an exciting new product using the latest technologies. At ix3 we invent new ways of working and develop new solutions. Our software portfolio accelerates field development projects, automates engineering and optimises asset integrity, safety and performance throughout the life of an energy asset.
As a Senior Python Developer you will apply data science and machine learning approaches to automate the use of data; generating insights and improving the availability of subsea production equipment, working within a rapidly growing team with a high strategic focus within the business.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design, implement and test new functionality in our software products to meet the goals of the company
- Ensure high standards of quality by troubleshooting, maintaining and updating existing software
- Application of Machine Learning techniques to both time series and unstructured data, providing insights that enable more effective condition monitoring and ultimately improve the availability of subsea production equipment
- Develop scalable solutions applicable across multiple generations of equipment
- Work closely with a multi-functional team, leveraging domain expertise from across the business
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Hons Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- Experience of developing software in a commercial environment, in a dedicated Python Developer position
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python; Good understanding of the data analytics landscape, tools and technology
- A strong grasp of object oriented design, patterns and principles
- Experience developing web applications and APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Willingness to learn new languages, techniques and tools
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Experience in the following would be desirable
- Java or C#
- SpringBoot/JPA or Entity Framework
- REST API development
- Google Cloud or Azure
- Jira & Confluence
- Testing with cucumber, cypress, Junit, Mockito, Jasmine & Karma
- Previous experience in an enterprise environment with automated build/test/release processes
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.