Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function. A subject matter expert in Wonderware System Platform with an experience of cyber security best practiceEssential Responsibilities:
- Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Communicates across direct organization. Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
- Connects the dots across technologies and develop cross technology
- solutions; works on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business. Communicates across the function in area of expertise.
- A proven background using Wonderware System Platform in both development and deployment scenarios. In-depth knowledge of best practice cyber-security implementation within a SCADA/HMI/PLC environment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Engineering), plus additional years of experience in Software Development.
- Wonderware System Platform qualifications and proven system implementation experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Nailsea, Bristol, UKPosting closes on 15th August 2019
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more