Skills: Business Analyst, Business Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Bureau Veritas is a French owned company created in 1829, and a global leader in conformity assessment and certification. We are a trusted partner for our customers, offering services and developing innovative solutions to reduce risk, improve performance and promote sustainable Development. Today, we are present in more than 140 countries and employ more than 62,000 employees, in which more than 900 are employed within the Bureau Veritas' IS Department worldwide.
Bureau Veritas is currently upgrading its global ERP platform from JDE-AS/400 to JD Edwards-E1 9.2 and is seeking a well-qualified E1-Senior Support Consultant to aid in this transition. The E1-Senior Support Consultant will provide excellent end user support to internal clients in over 140 countries as well as being a valued resource in providing training to key users and identifying recurring issues as well as corresponding solutions.
- Provide application support to end users for daily tasks into the system (JDEdwards-Entreprise1)
- Identify the incidents regarding month-end closing and prioritize them to get them solved respecting the Financial Closing calendar.
- Identify the recurring mistakes/issues reported by the users and proposes solutions.
- When is requested, provide training to the users network online or onsite.
- Help the finance and accounting teams resolve more complex incidents regarding Allocations, DSO/CIDs calculation, Security, interfaces and financial reports.
- Send the communication of closing calendar to the teams involved in the process.
- Manage special projects delivered by the Team Leader.
- Aid in resolving integrities issues between the General Ledger (finance ledger) and the auxiliaries like Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 4 years with JDEdwards Entreprise1 experience
- Successful experience in a financial application support role
- Teamwork skills
- Logical approach to problem solving/analyzing
- Ability to learn quickly
- Confident with decision making
- Strong customer service orientation and customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25%
- Previous work history in a Finance or Accounting role
- Successful experience in supporting global users
- Strong background as key user or team lead for ERP Implementation
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.