Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
UX Interaction Designer - Houston, TX
The UX Interaction Designer may lead or contribute to multiple user experience engagements as well as work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized business domains.
The UX Interaction Designer will be a member of an integrated team working together to deliver successful outcomes on various technologies.
• Participate in and lead team discussions relative to current user experience projects. Feel comfortable independently leading design sprints, UX requirements definition sessions, and design thinking workshops, accurately scoping UX research and design work
• Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
• Be a passionate advocate and evangelist of UX within the organization
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies, and utilize the latest UX methods, such as collaborative design, service design, informal and formal testing and rapid prototyping
• Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
• Contribute to and leverage an organization-wide design system
• Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & vision; work with teams to quickly translate that vision into workflows, interactions and designs for software
• Become a recognized internal expert on UX for Completions software
• Lead research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
• Work with Product Owners to understand and refine product requirements & vision
• Work with Scrum team to estimate and breakdown designs into Product Backlog items
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in "STEAM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in product or service design
• Uses participatory design activities (e.g. paper prototype co-creation, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and assumptions and tacit knowledge about user needs and behaviors.
• Conducts user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
• Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
• Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
• Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Figma, InVision), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote).
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Develops knowledge of industrial business domains, products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Understands and stays up to date on the industry's technology landscape; brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry technology trends to internal vision.
• Understands principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
• Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
• Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and transparent decision-making process.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
• Uses generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
• Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
• Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain.
• Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer groups are thinking and feeling.
• Asks questions appropriate to translating an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions.
• Captures specific information from the audience and validates it back to them for acceptance.
• Must be willing to work out of offices located in Houston, Texas, USA
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.