The Sr. Product manager is responsible for the design and the implementation of the strategic roadmap for specific products in the Finance function and evolve BI and analytics maximizing synergies across Product Companies, Regions and Functions. S/he shall execute in-line within processes and quality standards to support integrated analytics from an enterprise level. S/he will own the product life cycle for analytics and drive operational excellence, ensuring performance and availability.Essential Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving product excellence, data and analytics application opportunities in a functional area - Finance., and pursuing the execution with a high level of autonomy
- Maintain effective working relationship with business leaders, functional stakeholders, users and partners to integrate D&A into overall strategic objectives
- Lead cross-disciplinary teams on solving business problems using BI and Analytics, typically involving large data sets
- Lead all data related activities (data discovery, cleaning, engineering, analysis and visualization on multiple technology stacks) to support development of new D&A products which improve operational and business outcomes
- Support multiple initiatives, and projects, provide configuration expertise, as well as guidance for enhancements, development, and maintenance of IT solutions.
- Participate in business requirements discussion and translate functional requirements into detailed systems design documents
- Partner with shared technical and business resources (Engineering, Product Management, Software teams etc.) to effectively deliver and support solutions
- Effectively communicate (i.e. status, issues, and escalations) to leadership and other various levels of the organization
- Conduct project reviews, feasibility, prioritization, initiation, execution, user acceptance, operationalization for all project work related to the BI and analytics program
- Serve as coach / mentor for data analysts on the team and Act as thought leader on D&A technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), MBA preferred.
- Ownership of migration strategy & execution for finance related separation initiatives with focus on optimization, driving efficiencies, re-use, standards etc.
- Strong background & excellent knowledge in Finance & Controllership domain, underlying business process GL, AR, AP, Rev. Recognition/FA, etc.
- Proven track record offering solutions for critical business problems
- Lead design, development and implementation of analytic projects ensuring high quality standards and strategic technology utilization
- Experience in leading development of Data and Analytics products, from Requirement Gathering State to Driving User Adoption
- A minimum 10-12 years of professional experience with a minimum of 6-8 years in a Data and Analytics role with a Global organization
- Hands on experience working with database technologies, including NoSQL platforms, ETL tools including HVR, Informatica or Talend, and Visualization applications including Tableau, and an ability to learn new technologies
- Strong proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries and working with databases
- Ability to acquire specialized domain knowledge required to be more effective in all work activities
- Prefer good understanding in the finance domain (For e.g, FP&A, O2C, R2R, I2C & others)
- Passionate about driving change and influence across enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to execute in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong ability to communicate technical aspects regarding program challenges, progress or results in forms that resonate with the business collaborators
- Entrepreneurial inclination to discover novel opportunities for applying Data and Analytics techniques to business problems across the company
- Working knowledge of Big Data programming environments and Competency in major analytics software packages and programming environments (e.g. Hadoop / Map-Reduce, Mahout; Python, R, Java etc. in Big data paradigms)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.