- Role will act as a company representative Supervisor and will need to apply knowledge to interpret, analyze and provide guidance to manage changing and dynamic nature of Turnaround activities to meet the Business objectives
- Role has no manual labor (i.e. no specific craft skilled work) and is intellectual in nature to provide discretion and judgment in safe execution of the Turnaround schedule to meet the Business objectives
- Supervise and provide work direction to the contract supervisor who has the primary responsibility for contract worker safety and work scope
- Identify and confirm daily work permits are received
- Identify construction challenges in the project and work with contractor to resolve
- Plan construction activities using MS Project, MS Excel, etc.
- Create high level schedules for turnaround project
- Interpret schedules and direct Contract Supervisors to meet Turnaround objectives
- Work closely with the task leader, project Coordinator, and all planners associated with the work
- 10+ years of construction leadership experience in a plant/refinery environment
- Experience in both routine maintenance and turnaround environments
- Demonstrated leadership skills are essential and prior supervisory experience is preferred. Must be able to work in a team environment and lead a diverse workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Able to adapt to changing work priorities
- Demonstrated ability to set high standards for safe performance
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, strong troubleshooting and decision making skills (problem analysis and conflict management skills)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.