Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a SCM Specialist based in Calgary or Edmonton for a 1 year contract.
Primary role is providing SCM expertise and support to internal auditing and compliance reviews. The program seeks to provide value-added recommendations to Management. Through application of a systemic and disciplined approach and with adherence to professional standards, evaluate and recommend improvements to SCM processes and contracting strategies, control and governance processes.
• Oversee the planning, assigning, reviewing and monitoring of the Vendor Audit
• Ensure audit team is provided with contractual information for selected vendors and resolve any delays caused by vendors
• Manage execution of the VACC in conjunction with Internal Audit and external auditors
• Support validation of the audit findings and issuance of the audit report
• Provide SCM support in contract information gathering and spend analysis
• Coordinate efforts required from SCM tactical teams
• Lead and/or support vendor negotiation for ensuring maximum recoveries possible are achieved
• Identify and resolve complex issues and provide recommendations which add value
• Conduct/assist in research and analysis of technical and best-practice standards
• Responsible to implement process improvements identified as a result of the audit findings to ensure vendor performance improvement and compliance with contractual requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Minimum of 5 years of cumulative experience in Supply Chain, accounting or related experience
• Communicates and Influences effectively
• Strong oral and written communication skills required, to include strong presentation skills
• Proven advanced negotiation skills required
• Completion of a SCM related professional certification, such as PMAC or ISM, is considered an asset.
• Intermediate Microsoft SharePoint knowledge
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.