Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Onshore Sourcing Manager will own the sourcing vision, strategy and deliverables for the product line.
• At least 30-40% travel to Midland, TX or relocation to Midland, TX
• Drive Sourcing activities for the Onshore product line to support and meet business and functional objectives working alongside other Flexible Pipe Systems businesses to align strategies
• Establish sourcing strategies for direct and indirect spend in line with Flexible Pipe Systems strategies to meet or exceed op plan deflation targets
• Communicate with Sales and Ops teams to understand current and future demand/requirements
• Develop a strong relationship with operations, engineering and Product Line teams to partner in driving key sourcing and business objectives around cost, cash, supplier quality, next generation product and fulfilment
• Ensure compliance with BHGE sourcing policies, procedures and export control regulations
• Reduce risks in supply chain by minimizing single / sole source situations
• Drive emerging market growth strategy
• Drive standardization and continuous improvement of sourcing processes and cycle time reduction through consignment, VMI.
• Provide benchmarking and industry intel support in make vs. buy strategies and decisions
• Manage supplier relationships and develop strategic partnerships
• Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
• Partner with Global Commodity Leaders (GCLs) to implement cost out strategies
• Work closely with HSE & Quality teams to ensure supplier compliance in quality and safety standards.
• Own Procurement / Fulfilment activities and KPIs; On-time PO placement, On-time Delivery (OTD), Supplier Promise Date / PO Promise Date accuracy, Deflation, Adherence to Supplier Contracts / Pricing, and invoice resolution
• Drive business cash initiatives supporting inventory and AP
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, MBA is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Procurement/Sourcing or supply chain, In-depth knowledge of strategic sourcing/procurement business acumen, principles, and best practices; current with relevant trends and applications
• Strong computer skills, proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
• ERP knowledge and experience required
• Excellent ability to communicate with internal customers and suppliers
• Strong negotiation and contract skills.
• Financial acumen
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
• Knowledge of Flexible Pipe Systems product lines and the associated supply base specifically polymers and tapes
• High level of integrity and ethics, able to handle sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
• Change management
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and must be able to relate to personnel at all levels in the organization
• Ability to influence others.
• Ability to coordinate task /projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Knowledge of product lines and services.
• Highly motivated
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to develop functional relationships across matrix organizations
• Can function as part of a team, but exhibits ability to function autonomously
• Excellent communicator and strategic thinker
Houston or Midland, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more