Job Description We're looking for an engineer who will thrive as the go-to expert in your field. With strong support from a positive employer, this is the perfect chance to combine and grow your flair for business with your technical skills.Where you fit
You'll be part of our Asset Support and Engineering team, which sits within our Projects & Technology (P&T) business, with a focus on supporting teams across a range of disciplines.
The team's mission is to provide critical and vital engineering support which cannot be easily obtained by individual assets or found in the external market. Which is why this role offers an exciting opportunity, as you help nurture more effective ways of working between Assets and P&T.What's the role?
As Heat Transfer Engineer, your primary focus will be to provide technical assurance and expertise. Broadly speaking, that means you'll be overseeing Heat Transfer solutions that directly impact process safety, reliability and production optimization. Additionally, you will play a role in the energy transition journey by, for instance, improving the energy efficiency of heat transfer equipment or the development of decarbonization technologies. Whilst unfired heat transfer is part of the role's scope, your focus will mainly be on fired heat transfer.
Self-motivated and results-orientated, you're going to be working across a range of responsibilities, from equipment safeguarding and pro-active technical monitoring, to design development, incident investigations and root cause analysis. More specific technical duties will also include some of the following:
- Monitoring heat transfer equipment performance and operating data analysis
- Developing remote monitoring capabilities/applications for critical pieces of fired and unfired equipment
- Preparation of heat transfer equipment design and engineering packages
- Ensuring compliance, quality assurance and technical delivery
Most importantly, you'll need to embrace the challenges of delivering totally integrated solutions and strategies, whilst you also confidently nurture strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, particularly with a view to helping development teams find new and emerging technologies that will drive business performance. Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements What we need from you
We're keen to talk to men and women who can show proven professional experience within the Heat Transfer discipline, along with knowledge across the field of heat transfer and physics of transport phenomena and fluid flow. Beyond a Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, we'd also hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applied to heat transfer equipment, including ASME, TEMA and API/ISO
- An ability to support a multi-disciplined team to deliver complex asset management requirements
- Proven strong personal leadership in Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to listen well
In addition, we'd also hope to see a high level of knowledge in at least three of the following areas of expertise:
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONAn innovative place to work
- Develop, design and specify furnaces, process fired heaters & combustion equipment
- Evaluate and troubleshoot furnaces, process fired heaters & combustion equipment
- Specify and design heat exchangers
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.