Skills: NDT Technician, QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Svobodny, Amur Oblast, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: NDT & Welding Inspector, NWI
Reference: PIR 397106660
Date of issue: 15/07/2019
Project: Amur Gas Processing Plant (AGPP)
Job Location: Svobodny, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary, Project-based
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 62 days on site and 15 days off (+ 3 paid travel days)
Salary range: Competitive salary
Full board and accommodation on site
Travel to home country in economy class.
Job summary/Role description
The project concern the EPC for the utilities, infrastructures and off-sites of a greenfield plant for the treatment of Natural Gas, located in East Russia.
NDT & Welding Inspector verifies that non-destructive tests have been correctly performed according to welding procedure qualifications, welds and heat treatment specifications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise welding procedure qualifications to be employed at Site and the qualifications of the welders operating within the plant, according to Project specifications and standards;
- Check that Field welds comply with Project specifications;
- Check the execution of non-destructive tests and heat treatment; that all repairs are performed correctly and non-destructive tests are regularly repeated;
- Keep a report file for all non-destructive tests and heat treatment performed;
- Obtain any necessary approval for changing, as appropriate, welding procedures and for performing repairs requiring special procedures;
- Prepare his own section of the Monthly report.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- University Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent
- ASNT or CSWIP or ISO or NAKS or equivalent certification in welding
- Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT) certificates are mandatory
- Five (5) years of previous work experiences as Welding Inspector
- Experience in construction of Large/XL Gas processing plants
- Similar role covered at least in the last three projects, of comparable size.
- Previous work experience in Russia
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent English
- Excellent IT, analytical, communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills. Self-motivation and direction, with a strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
- Attention to detail, and the ability to read and draft blueprints (as-built), strong communications and interpersonal skills
Special Requirements and Comments
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at working level would be advantageous.