Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Process Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Provide process engineering support to the asset SMART room and site to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance:
- Direct technical support
- Technical study work
- Engineering design of plant modifications
Analyse and resolve production issues to achieve timely resolution and minimise production shortfalls, whilst ensuring the highest safety standards and compliance with Company / SHE policies, regulations and best practice.
Comply with Company / SHE policies and regulations and best practice.
- Provide site operations and SMART room personnel with direct technical support ensuring continual cost-effective improvement of process equipment in support of maximising production safely.
- Analyse and resolve production / process issues utilising appropriate techniques, liaising with asset Field Operations, Performance and Growth and SHE departments and with Group / 3rd party specialists where necessary.
- In collaboration with the Production Chemistry team, monitor the performance of chemical treatments on the asset.
- Propose and justify modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
- Provide support to the site and to Maintenance and Inspection discipline engineers to ensure timely and effective delivery of modifications, including initiation of cases, design and engineering, assisting with the preparation of work packs, implementation on site and close-out.
Process Engineering and studies
- Perform process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline or multi-discipline.
- Ensure preparation of clear, concise and comprehensive RFM dossiers, and effective handover to asset Maintenance Team or 3rd Party Engineering Company for detailed engineering and implementation.
- When relevant, review and comment on RFM dossiers.
- Ensure appropriate process engineering input to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Risk Assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
- Ensure appropriate process engineering input to Commercial and Development studies carried out by the Performance and Growth Team.
- Ensure appropriate engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
- Liaise with HQ with regard to process engineering requirements, rules & specifications.
- Provide technical guidance and check work progress for other team members.
- Monitor costs and ensure that expenditures are within budget values.
Management of 3rd party vendors
In coordination with the asset project engineers and contract representative:
- Prepare scopes of work for 3rd party vendor / consultancy services to carry out study and modification work
- Undertake technical bid evaluations on 3rd party proposals
- Provide support for preparation of SAP requisitions for the procurement of materials and 3rd party services.
- Manage the interface between 3rd parties and site operations.
- Monitor progress of 3rd parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution of production / safety / integrity issues.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with asset site personnel, other company business units and 3rd party contractors and vendors through effective communication and regular site visits.
- Liaise with external agencies on Production and environmental issues such as flare consent, overboard water quality and chemical usage.
- Assist in the provision of flow assurance support for the following activities:
- Investigation and resolution of flow assurance related issues.
- Optimisation of start-up, shutdown and flowline pigging programmes to minimise production shortfalls associated with complex flow assurance operations.
- Preparation of production optimisation trial programmes.
- Input to Commercial and Development studies carried out by the Performance and Growth Team.
- Preparation, review and update of flow assurance aspects of site operating procedures.
- Maintenance of asset Pipeline Management Systems and calibration of models to field data.
- Interface and coordinate with other departments impacted by flow assurance issues: e.g. subsea, well intervention, shutdown teams and production chemistry.
- Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent.
- Engineering experience in oil and gas process / production or refining.
- Extensive knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems, flow assurance issues and industry norms and specifications.