Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
• 15 years' experience in the Oil & Gas industry out of which minimum of 6 years' experience in a managerial role in the domain of Project Control, Project Management, Contract Administration, Project Management, Administration and Estimation.
• Knowledgeable in Risk Management.
• Reliant, creative, dynamic and results oriented.
• Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and decision making skills.
• Excellent managerial skills with sound knowledge & experience in business management and engineering.
• Excellent planning, organizing, problem solving & interpersonal skills.
• Fluent written & spoken English language skills. Working knowledge in Arabic would be of added value.
• Excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of computer based systems and other software programs (Primavera, Microsoft Projects, FoxPro, Visual Basic and Harvard Graphics)
Role / Purpose:
Manage all aspects of the Engineering Services section to include, but not limited to Engineering planning, budgeting, cost control and production control (project wise & department wise), administration & project support services, document control, quality assurance, contract administration/quantity surveying, systems development & enhancement and providing management support services.
• Assist the VP-E/SVP-E in developing long-term operational plans, formulating strategies, organizational enhancement and ensure consistency with the overall objectives of the business.
• Set policies and procedures for the Section, monitor their implementation and review their relevance and impact from time-to-time to ensure effectiveness and efficient provision of services.
• Compliance in accordance with Company policies & procedures, Policy of Integrity & Code of Conduct and HSE standards.
• Assist the VP-E/SVP-E in developing the annual budget for the Department & review expenditure on a regular basis.
• Analyze & review engineering norms and work on optimization, enhancement & implementation of engineering estimation systems.
• Periodically assess the Department's performance (in terms of efficiency, productivity, Cost Performance Index (CPI), cost allocation, variance & workload vs. resource planning) and recommend ways to enhance it.
• Provide input on engineering capabilities, resources, statistics and data banks at the pre-bidding & pre-qualification stage.
• Coordinate with the IS&T Department to develop & enhance systems & engineering applications and prepare customized reports & projects work spaces ensuring that adequate services are provided to PEMs and EMs.
• Review the development & implementation of document control procedures.
• Liaise with all PEMs to meet client & user requirements and ensure that adequate document control services are provided.
• Ensure standardization of the document control system, recommend enhancements, and participate in related audits and training users.
• Manage administrative functions of the Department such as monitoring timekeeping, gate reports, mobilization/demobilization & library activities, giving approval for requests of security passes & possum cards, and overseeing Pro-Mat operation & administration services.
• Review Service Orders with regards to sub-contractors, hired resources & license renewals and verify Store Demand Issue Vouchers (SDIVs).
• Coordinate with the QA/QC section to develop & set targets for quality objective measures.
• Participate in the audit of processes to determine efficiency & productivity levels and check compliance with approved procedures, systems to ensure that high quality standards are achieved.
• Manage financial administration of the Engineering Department's Service Orders related to hired resources, third party services, NEL and subcontractors.
• Verify invoices and related payments and validate Approval of Variation Order (AVO).