Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
To perform all activities in relation with Phased Array/TOFD Inspection including creating a system setup, performing the calibration, weld inspection, analysis, evaluation, and producing the formal reports. Will be performing PAUT/TOFD on structural and pipework either in onshore during fabrication process or offshore during hook up operations.
This Job serves the operational side of the organization's business. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Ability to perform a weld inspection using Phased Array Ultrasonic and Time of Flight Diffraction techniques refer to the procedures (Daily Routine).
- Ability to setup the equipment prior the inspection (As Required).
- Ability to make a scan plan and system setup refer to the technique sheet (As Required).
- Ability to perform system calibration (static) during setup (As Required).
- Ability to perform a system calibration (dynamic) prior, during, and after inspection (Daily Routine).
- Ability to do an acceptable data acquisition (data collection) during weld inspection (Daily Routine).
- Experienced in the use of the applicable viewing software i.e. Olympus Tomoview or OMNI-PC (As Required)
- Ability to do the scan data analysis or interpretation either using the applicable software or directly from the Equipment (Daily Routine).
- Ability to read a code and acceptance criteria (Daily Routine).
- Ability to evaluate and make a decision of the weld quality (accept / reject) refer to the code and acceptance criteria (Daily Routine).
- Responsible to prepare an accuracy and completeness of inspection report using an approved report format (Daily Routine).
- Responsible to maintain all equipment prior, during, and after work completion (As Required).
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- pcn / CSWIP level ii - ultrasonic testing
- PCN / CSWIP LEVEL II - TOFD - ULTRASONIC TESTING
- PCN / cswip level ii - phased array ultrasonic inspector
- Min 5 years solid experience in Phased Array Inspection in Oil and Gas Industry
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.