Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
An internationally leading manufacturing company are looking for a Costing Leader- NPI to join a newly created costing centre of excellence.
Based in Bristol/Aberdeen/Montrose, the role provides management of product cost estimating, developing & maintaining the business cost catalogue, sensitivity analysis and cost trending of various products within GE Oil & Gas UK Ltd's Subsea Production Systems portfolio.
- Works closely with key functions in maintaining and driving the operating rhythm around the business cost catalogue.
- Support the product management team in driving value engineering efforts across the business leveraging should cost/design to cost methodologies where appropriate.
- Costing leadership driving and supporting system cost reduction in partnership with the product management and engineering team.
- Support review and set up of current estimating procedures across the business working closely with the commercial and project execution teams, helping the business establish costing standards
- Support the commercial teams to review product cost information for deals in the orders pipeline
- Works closely with project execution teams to review latest costing information and capture within the cost and estimating framework
- Manage and develop typical cost estimates to support the building block approach in the standard design database
- Works closely with marketing/pricing team in understanding competitive/industry cost related dynamics by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends.
- Lead in the accurate cost estimation of new equipment designs and provide clear explanation to senior management of risks and opportunities
- Degree in Engineering or MBA
- Specialization in Project Management/cost estimation/Quantity Survey
- Strong experience in project cost estimating or cost controlling preferably in terminal or process industry
- Analytically strong in cost estimating, risk assessment and reporting.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Cleopatra cost estimating system
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Bristol / Aberdeen / Montrose, UK
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more