Optimize asset utilization of tractors and trailers through the selection of equipment and drivers based on analysis of transit routes, traffic patterns, loaded mile ratios, equipment location and eligibility, and driver location and eligibility. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide seamless scheduling by working directly with internal and external customers to determine requirements; then scheduling Targa equipment to meet identified demand and alerting team lead the need to arrange for 3rd party carriers when required.
- Ensure that Targa drivers are maintaining required routes and performing work in the time allotted and reporting any deviations and working to identify potential constraints
- Ensure that daily transport schedules are maximized and also meet all Texas DOT compliance regulations.
- Actively monitoring driver locations and hours of service and reporting any potential compliance issues.
- Maximize Targa revenues by minimizing dead-head miles and optimizing driver and tractor utilization throughout all geographic regions covered by the entire transport fleet.
- Develop and distribute daily schedule to drivers and management and use critical thinking skills to prioritize orders and solve daily delivery problems to the best advantage of Targa revising the schedule as needed
- Dispatch orders to drivers utilizing Targaâ€™s tuck management software
- Provide daily reconciliation of loads and work with Targaâ€™s truck management system to provide reports to internal and external stakeholders as required updating performance
- Working in coordination with the team lead and other area analysts, strategically analyze the value of each load to Targa and determine a schedule that maximizes Targa revenue, maximizes asset utilization and meets all customer needs.
- Communicate any pinch points to management and marketing team for problem resolution
- Develop and foster business relationships by providing high levels of customer service and responding to customer requests promptly
- Actively solicit business in order to achieve back hauls, grow our business, and to maximize earnings and utilization
- Integrate with the commercial team by participating in weekly meetings to actively understand the business needs of all parties to ensure effective prioritization and communicate with management when issues arise
- Input daily time sheets and review payroll for drivers; submit for approval and processing.
- Actively help maintain driver DOT files in accordance with DOT regulations ensuring that Targa is compliant at all times and notifying drivers/management of upcoming dates and issues
- Participate in regional cross-training to be proficient in all transport regions.
- Provide coverage for scheduling changes on evenings and weekends â€" this job requires 24/7, 365 day of the year coverage without interruption of service. Evenings and Weekends are covered on a rotational dispatch.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 2 years prior dispatch or truck scheduling experience
- Adept at using Microsoft Excel; comfortable with creating new spreadsheets and familiar with pivot tables
- Proficient with all other Microsoft applications including word, powerpoint and outlook
- Able to work independently and be self-directed
- Willing to work after hours including evening, weekends and holidays (rotational basis)
- Able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast paced sometimes intense work environment
- Comfortable working in a team environment with high communication skills
- 4 year degree in Business or Logistics from an accredited University
- Experience with Truck Management Software
- Previous experience with hazardous material logistics management & scheduling
- Prior experience with crude, condensate, liquefied petroleum gas and vacuum truck fluid operations
- Previous experience with Texas DOT rules and regulations including driver qualification files
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.