Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an experienced GIS Specialist, with particular experience in Seabed Survey Data Model. Selected candidate will work for a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
For this position Seabed Survey or other Offshore GIS / Mapping experience is required.
The GIS Specialist role will support the execution and delivery of GIS tasks/scopes for clients, from project execution through the life of the field, within the Field Performance group of Life of Field Services. The GIS Specialist shall be expected to effectively interface with the clietns, partner and client teams to deliver routine to moderately complex GIS scopes. This position will require an understanding of utilizing GIS concepts for spatial and non-spatial data analysis, specifically for the Oil and Gas industry. The GIS Specialist will serve as a technical GIS resource and handle resolutions for requests, issues and problems pertaining to GIS-related tasks.
The responsibilities of the GIS Specialist include, but not limited to:
- Act as a Task Lead to support project GIS scopes
- Helps mentor junior GIS staff while supporting the GIS & Digital Manager
- Assist the GIS & Digital Manager on proposals related to GIS & Digital Services
- Assist GIS & Digital Manager in establishing project GIS standards, workflows and procedures
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision on small to moderately sized projects and as an effective team member on large projects
- Needs to be proficient in using ESRI ArcGIS software to fulfill project GIS scopes
- Reviews and interprets disparate data sources to develop, maintain and deliver GIS data products
- Utilize geoprocessing, spatial analysis and 3D analysis to perform project GIS tasks
- Able to interface with other project disciplines to further the completion and delivery of project GIS scopes
- Perform QA/QC checks of GIS scopes to ensure accuracy and completeness of tasks in accordance of internal and client standards
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS or related discipline
- Minimum 6 years of relevant Oil and Gas GIS experience
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS Suite of products, particularly ArcGIS for Desktop, 3D and Spatial Analyst Extensions
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise is a plus
- Knowledge of CAD programs; e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc...
- Experience with desktop database programs; e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, etc...
- Knowledge of enterprise SQL databases is a plus
- Knowledge of oil & gas, subsea, offshore terminology and systems
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas industry GIS data standards (Pipeline Open Data Standard, Seabed Survey Data Model, IOGP standards, etc...)
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Task management abilities
- Effective interpersonal communication abilities
- Well organized
- Willingness to help and work with others in a team setting
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work within a global environment
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/