The Pernis Turnaround (TA) Cost Engineering team is responsible for cost estimation, cost control and benchmarking of TA & Projects department (DMS/73) executed Turnarounds. TA's are typically grouped in an event as a multitude of production units are interdepend of each other and therefore require to be taken down together. The inspection and repair period of units in an event take some 6 weeks on average. TA events at Pernis are typically executed during a Spring and Fall season each year.
The Turnaround Cost Engineer Lead is responsible for
- Managing a team of TA Cost Engineers, translate Pernis Business and Functional Goals into smart individual goals (GPA's) for the team members and actively support the development of everyone through identification of development needs (IDP's) and on the job coaching.
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert of TA Cost Control & Estimating, provide functional Leadership i.c.:
- Ensuring the Pernis TA Cost Management team processes follow the intent of Shell's Asset Management System (i.e. Recommended Practice for Turnaround Budgeting, Estimating and Cost Control), arrange corresponding strategic direction settings
- Drive a continuous Improvement agenda
- Act as technical coach to peers by providing assurance, guidance and support.
- Coordination, verification and screening of cost estimate (50%, 30% and 10% estimates) of (multiple) turnaround events/ units at Pernis, assure the quality standards, you will conduct TA assurance Reviews together with direct peers of other disciplines with the Pernis Services team
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of cost management and estimating tools, processes, procedures, and reports in support of Pernis needs and compliant with the global Asset Management System framework.
- A key document is the TA Cost Management Plan
- Arrange a sustainable TA cost control and estimating toolset (replace end user solutions by non-Excel IT/ Group supported applications)
- Deliver DMS/73 managed TA's (TA CAPEX and OPEX) consolidated VOWD and LE for monthly management and KPI reporting
- Deliver weekly cost progress Event reports to the senior management team during execution and close conjunction with the Event Manager
- Provide cost competitive input to Investment Proposals ie. Latest Estimate, cash flow, credible path to top quartile and business plan information
- Responsible for a fit for purpose resource planning, maintain a balanced cost estimating and control workload across the TA Cost Engineering team
- Act as internal charges liaison, expectations management towards internal service department (ie. Static Equipment Replacement Team, Major Rotating Equipment team, Workshop, Facilities)
- Coordinate year-end closure VOWD process for DMS/73 managed Turnarounds.
- Maintain primary stakeholders relationships, act as proactive sparring partner for (senior) TA and Pernis management teams and the REMPTA Europe and Africa team (external Pernis), share knowledge and experience with other sites. Interface with key stakeholders: Finance, Planning & Scheduling Lead, Event Managers, Blockleaders
- Participate in external cost estimating assurance reviews at other operating sites within Downstream and non-DMS/73 managed TA's
- The Turnaround Cost Engineering team consists of 1 Team lead and 7 TA Cost Engineers (combination of Shell and hired staff)
- Typical annual Turnaround expenditure managed by the team is some 80M€ across 10 Turnarounds in 2 events.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements
- Experience in Cost Engineering and/or Cost Estimating. A minimum of CEMS L1 in either is preferable
- Experience in team leadership and/or coaching for performance
- Experience on Turnarounds and/or Projects in Execute
- Strong communication skills and effective in building sustainable relationships with stakeholders
- Creative in applying a range of influence tactics and not afraid of being the messenger of a hard truth
- Fluency in Dutch, both in writing as verbally to enable effective communications with stakeholders who are not as profound in English
- IT literate with strong affinity with Excel for our cost control and estimating tools are Excel based.
- A technical Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience demonstrating your affinity with the technical scope of work of a Turnaround/Project to validate ability to translate scope, risks and uncertainties into costs.
Please note: We occasionally amend withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.