Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
. . . . JOIN US . . . .
ENGINEERING OPEN-HOUSE RECRUITING EVENT
Thursday, July 18, 2019 -- 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
UniversalPegasus International Corporate Headquarters
4848 Loop Central Drive; Houston, TX 77081
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
We are seeking an Instrumentation Engineer to work in Houston, Texas
Independently evaluates, selects and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to concurrent engineering projects. Applies engineering judgment in making adaptations and modifications to projects. May manage one or more engineers and/or designers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Job functions will include: significant design and design review responsibilities, engineering calculations, studies, detailed design, report writing, field investigations and direction of lower level engineers and/or designers
- Interacts with Project Managers and other engineers
- Directs project workflow of engineers, designers and drafters to ensure project completion
- Responsible for the technical content and quality of the work, and the functional integration of individual project tasks
- Selects and applies engineering principles and concepts in field of Instrumentation with advanced working knowledge of other related disciplines
- Able to interpret and develop Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams, Loop Sheets and Network Diagrams.
- Able to develop instrument and valve Data Sheets.
- Able to select and size instruments and valves based on process conditions.
- Familiarity with Rockwell and Wonderware automation products (PLC, HMI and networking) a plus.
- Responsible for reporting on work progress
- Provides input to the Project Execution Plan
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision
- Frequently interacts with clients, vendors and contractors
- Responsible for following and implementing corporate safety protocols and for scheduling mandatory safety meetings
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university required
- Typically five plus years oil and gas Instrumentation/Controls engineering experience
- PE preferred
- Ability to work with engineering software packages a plus
- Microsoft Office experience required
UniversalPegasus offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health care, dental, vision, 401(k), educational assistance, and PTO plans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and disabled are welcome.