Skills: Drilling Superintendent, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Primary Purpose of Job
To manage the operations on four or five (assigned) onshore drilling/workover rigs. The incumbent is responsible to ensure that drilling/workover operation are executed in a safe and efficient manner and achieve their objectives.Manage the activities on four to five onshore drilling/workover rigs by ensuring that all operations are conducted safely and efficiently and in accordance with the drilling/workover programme and the QP standards and procedures.Review and endorse all drilling/ workover programmes and if necessary provide expert input to the well design and operational programmes to ensure drilling/workover activities are programmed effectively and thereafter executed without any problems.
• BSc, in Engineering (Petroleum Engineering preferred).
• IWCF Certified.
Experience & Skills
• An experienced professional with at least 15 years' experience in drilling operations including 5 years as a Drilling Superintendent.
• Effective leadership and people management skills with a keen awareness of cultural sensitivities.
• Strong communication skills in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
• Commitment and passion for managing HSE.
• Strong motivation and enthusiasm for delivering outstanding performance and going above and beyond normal expectations. A "can do" attitude with a proven track record in delivering exceptional performance.
• Ability to make the correct operational decisions based on systematic analysis with rigorous attention to detail.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.